Children's Ministry: Kingdom Kids
Kingdom Kids is our Children's Ministry here at First Methodist. We have a group of dedicated staff and volunteers who absolutely love teaching and spending time with your kids. We offer programs for all ages every weekend, offer Vacation Bible School during the summer, and provide a special after-school program called IGNITE during the school year. Read more about our Kingdom Kids ministry on this page and if you have any questions feel free to contact our Director of Children's Ministry, Christina Swain.
We have a professionally-staffed nursery ministry for children newborn to three years old. Our nursery staff is CPR certified and all of our staff and volunteers have been through child safety training and background checks.
Nursery care is available during our 6:00pm Saturday Service, and our 9:00am & 10:30am Sunday Services. We also offer nursery care during most church functions and special events. The nursery is split into two rooms, one for infants and the other for toddlers. The infant room is a quiet and peaceful place where mothers can sit, rock, and nurse their baby.
sunday school (9:00am)
Sunday School is a cherished tradition of ours that began in 1855. Families can check their children using our Kid Check system at the Kingdom Kids Booth from 8:45-9:00am and then children can be dropped off at their grade level classrooms. Children’s Choir shares music once a month during the 9:00am service. Following the service, parents/guardians may pick up their children at the classrooms.
Nursery - Room 103
Preschool - Room 102
Kindergarten & First - Room 100
2nd & 3rd - Room 106
4th & 5th - Room 105
Middle School & High School - The Commons (sofas by main entrance)
children's church (6PM SATURDAY & 10:30am SUNDAY)
This is an environment where children grades K-5th join together in one large group to celebrate and learn about God’s Word and what it means to be a follower of Christ.
Check-in begins at 5:45pm on Saturday and 10:15am on Sunday at the Kingdom Kids Booth. Once checked in, kids enter the Children’s Chapel. Following worship, kids can be picked up in the Children’s Chapel.
Children’s Church is also offered for preschool-age children at 6:00pm on Saturday and 10:30am on Sunday in their own separate classroom.
Our mid-week program IGNITE is designed to provide kids with age-appropriate learning experiences that allow them to know who Jesus is and what it means to have a relationship with Him.
Every Wednesday, kids join with their peers for a time of worship and then travel through three fun and interactive stations created to teach Biblical truths in memorable ways. These different stations include:
1. Lesson Station: Teaching video clips will give Bible based life application lessons for children. The interactive lesson presents Gods word in creative ways capturing their attention. Each week there is a scripture verse that corresponds to the lesson for the children to commit to memory.
2. Kids’ Discipleship Groups: These groups are designed to help children understand how the bible applies to them. They will discuss real life experiences, interact with a group of friends, and participate in a variety of activities that appeal to different learning styles.
3. Game Station: Who doesn’t like games? Each week kids put their vitality to use by engaging in high energy games that highlight the lesson. We believe that if learning is linked to fun it will be easier for kids to remember God’s truth and teach it to their friends.
A light snack will be provided as kids arrive. Snacks will include items such as fresh fruit, vegetables and dip, granola bars, pretzels, etc. Our team works hard to provide snacks that are both healthy and maintain the dietary and allergy needs of the kids we serve.
1. Northside Students: Walk to the church with an Ignite leader. In case of inclement weather, students will be shuttled in the church van.
2. Millikin, Southwest, & St. Malachy Students: Picked up in the church van by an Ignite leader.
Transportation home will need to be provided by parents/guardians. If this is an issue, please contact Christina Swain.