Children's Ministry: Kingdom Kids
Kingdom Kids is our Children's Ministry here at First United Methodist Church. We have a group of dedicated staff and volunteers that absolutely love teaching and spending time with your kids. We offer programs for all ages every weekend. We also run a Vacation Bible School during the summer, and a special after-school program called Ignite during the school year. Read more about our Kingdom Kids ministry on this page, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact our Director of Children's Ministry, Natalie Zook.
We have a professionally-staffed nursery ministry for children newborn to three years old. Our nursery staff is CPR certified and all of our staff and volunteers have been through child safety training and background checks.
Nursery care is available during our 6:00pm Saturday Service, and our 9:00am & 10:30am Sunday Services. We also offer nursery care during most church functions and special events. The nursery is split into two rooms, one for infants and the other for toddlers. The infant room is a quiet and peaceful place where mothers can sit, rock, and nurse their baby.
sunday school (9:00am)
Sunday School is a cherished tradition of ours that began in 1855. Families can check-in at the Kingdom Kids desk from 8:45-9:00am. Kids will join together in our Children’s Chapel for a time of worship and then break into grade groups for a more age-specific learning experience. Following the service, parents/guardians may pick up their children at the classrooms.
Nursery - Room 103
Preschool - Room 102
Kindergarten & First - Room 100
2nd & 3rd - Room 106
4th & 5th - Room 105
Junior High - Room SC101 (South Campus)
Senior High - Room SC102 (South Campus)
children's church (10:30am)
This is an environment where children ages 4-11 join together in one large group to celebrate and learn about God’s Word and what it means to be a follower of Christ.
Check-in begins at 10:15am at the Kingdom Kids Booth. Once checked-in, kids enter the Children’s Chapel for a time of praise and worship. Our Kid’s Praise Choir performs during the 10:30am service in the main sanctuary once a month!
Following worship, kids will go to the Fellowship Hall for a time of learning and fun. Kids can be picked up in the Fellowship Hall following the service.
Our mid-week program, Ignite, is designed to provide kids with age-appropriate learning experiences that allow them to know who Jesus is and what it means to have a relationship with Him.
Every Wednesday, kids join with their peers for a time of worship and then travel through three fun and interactive stations created to teach Biblical truths in memorable ways. These different stations include:
1. Lesson Station: Dramas and skits utilize the power of story to help kids put God’s Word into a form they can easily remember and share. Following each performance, leaders reinforce the story through Scripture and discussion.
2. Craft Station: Creativity through hands-on projects allows students to interact with God’s Word in a very tangible way. Biblical truths are retold and emphasized as kids design their own take home reminders of God’s Word.
3. Game Station: Who doesn’t like games? Each week kids put their vitality to use by engaging in high energy games that highlight the lesson. We believe that if learning is linked to fun it will be easier for kids to remember God’s truth and teach it to their friends.
A light snack will be provided as kids arrive. Snacks will include items such as fresh fruit, vegetables and dip, granola bars, pretzels, etc. Our team works hard to provide snacks that are both healthy and maintain the dietary and allergy needs of the kids we serve.
1. Northside Students: Walk to the church with an Ignite leader. In case of inclement weather, students will be shuttled in the church van.
2. Millikin, Southwest, & St. Malachy Students: Picked up in the church van by an Ignite leader.
Transportation home will need to be provided by parents/guardians. If this is an issue, please contact Natalie Zook at 309.944.2793.